07 October 2008

Lost and Found

My Federal Rules of Civil Procedure book is missing, and I have suspicions.


Picture this:



A band of wild hobos ransacked my book stacks while I was perusing (read: crying in a corner of) the library. Most of the books looked to be a real snooze so these dirty vagrants (how did they get in to the library looking like that?) decided to move on. But alas, a bright red cover screamed for attention! And upon picking up this little red book, the hobos realised it was the most thrilling subject of all: A bunch of complicated rules enumerating the proper procedure for filing claims in Federal court. They couldn't believe their luck! And just before I returned to my table with a pile of West's Pacific Digest, they escaped. They set up a cardboard camp on the edge of some guy's property, and read one rule per night for the thirty years it took for them to claim adverse possession on the lands.


Or maybe even this:


Taco meat stumbled across my blog. After reading a particularly scathing post about his peeking chest hairs, he decided to exact revenge. He waited until I left my things unattended and then ran off with my FRCP book, chest hairs flapping in the wind. He wears it taped to his torso every time he wears a tank top (daily).


Or more likely, this:


My Civil Procedure book is buried in the depths of my closet, never to bee seen again despite my multiple search efforts.





Crap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment