16 December 2010

Strangely Sad.

On a side note, it seems strange to me...For so long I've been excited about what will happen once I finish with law school, but now that it's drawing closer, I am a little sad. As it turns out I like law school. I like the ivory tower of academia. I like exploring complex legal questions that will likely never come up in the real world. I like knowing that the answer is, it depends. When I took my last exam today, I was of course relieved to be finished with studying for the semester. But I was also a little sad.

One more semester to go and I'll be forced to work a job every day and pay back my student loans deal with the monotony of reality. I've heard that most employers make you wear pants and frown upon the idea of napping during working hours. We all know that I'm great at napping, pantlessness, and shirking student loan debt being a student, and as usual I'm not ready for everything to change.

So what I'm getting at here is (a) enjoy law school while you can, you whiny 2Ls, and (b) someone nominate me to become a tenured professor upon graduating. From my experience, I'd be allowed to nap and show up half naked without losing my job. And I could pretend to know more than everyone else, which I am already good at. Sounds like the perfect fit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment