28 December 2010

Back

I'm back at my place for the rest of the break, and I just realized the school fitness center is closed until the new year. I'm taking that as a sign that I should try to gain as many pounds as possible before the gym reopens. Luckily, I got a head start over Christmas.

I don't really have any interesting legal news of note. I was selected as a semi-finalist for the Presidential Management Program (for those of you interested, it's supposed to be a great way to get in to the federal government without as much competition as the damn Honors Programs). Which means I'll fly to one of four cities and go through a day-long personal assessment some time in January or February. After that they will either select me as a finalist and I will apply to government agencies as a Fellow, or, more likely, they will send me thirty rejection letters and put me on the no fly list. So keep your fingers crossed. I want a job and I like to fly.

I also met with the firm that I have been in salary talks with. No concrete number response yet, which feels a little strange, but it seems like things are headed in the right direction. I feel like there has never really been a formal offer--just an assumption that I work for them. I'd love to get a real promise from them...but I'm too confused to try. Perhaps in the new year. When the gym reopens. And I am 300 pounds.

And that, folks, is all for now. Fascinating, I know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment