19 November 2009

Business Casual

I hate when you go on an interview, and the interviewer thinks he's doing you a favor by telling you to dress "business casual." Maybe it's different if you're a man, but as a woman, this just complicates things. I just want to wear my standard suit. It's like a uniform. It's comfortable and I don't have to think about what to put on. As long as I actually remember to put on the pants before I leave the house, this outfit is pretty much a slam dunk.

But business casual? What does that mean...Slacks? A skirt? Collared shirt or sweater? Maybe a fancy tank top with a nice cardigan? Can I just screw it and wear a suit anyway? Does that make me seem stuffy? (Even if I forget the pants?) What if I am not dressed up enough? What if I get confused and slap on a pair of khakis and a Blockbuster polo shirt?

Businesses of America, let's make this easier on everyone. YOU don't have to wear a suit. Hell, you can interview me in a toga if you want to, but I am going to wear a suit. It will be dark and tailored and boring. And you're going to like it.

2 comments:

locogreen said...

hmm...new background color?

business casual and heels is the male's way of keepin us down.

C said...

Reading over my blog was hurting my eyes--I had to change the colors!

And also, fuck heels.

Post a Comment