15 April 2010

On the Up-and-Up

Although it nearly resulted in calling off our wedding and/or a double homicide, Brandon Walsh and I were able to work together to install a new screen into my laptop! (Thank you for the idea, law:/dev/null!!) I can actually see what I am typing, and my fingers are no longer on strike for more square footage (inch-age?) on the keyboard! Plus, I can call off the dogs on that Chapter 13 bankruptcy I was planning on filing for in order to pay for a new computer. 


In other news, my law journal sent me an email today to let me know that they want to publish my comment in our latest edition! I am surprised and super humbled (I'll be handing out autographed copies in my living room all next week) and honored...and I'd like to thank red wine and straws for much of my success.* Of course, I have to have a publish-able version ready by the last day of exams, so it will be a time crunch, but if anyone can do it, it's Brandon Walsh me! ...Just kidding, law review, I swear I will do it all by myself!


Also, I am fairly certain that I will be appointed to the Supreme Court any day now: 
Senate Democrats' wish list for high court: Someone with non-Ivy background


So you could say that this week is shaping up quite nicely.





*However, I would like to reserve the remaining portion of my success for myself exclusively to roll around in for the next seventeen to thirty years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your blog set up looks nice!
Congratulations on another publishing!

Michael said...

Well done on getting your comment published! :-)

Also, glad to hear your laptop has received a 'transplant' and has been given a new lease of life! :D

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the Frankenstein laptop experiment worked! :D And congrats on getting the comment published!!!

Post a Comment