16 January 2010

Rationalization.

I have a 40 page comment to write for my stupid law journal. I could have worked on it over the break and kept myself from a frenzied attempt to research/write/cite in 36 hours, but that would have required me to use my brain for more than just remembering to digest food.

So now, in the midst of trial prep for my child advocacy clinic, 2 million cite checks, and sedatives reading for class, I also have to figure out how to write 40 pages in just a few days. Not to worry though. I printed about 400 pages of research from Westlaw yesterday, so I'm feeling pretty accomplished. Every time I think of getting started, I just look at the stack of articles I have and convince myself that I've already made good progress.

If worse comes to worse, I'll just pick 40 pages of research at random and staple them together as my final draft. Is that a code of conduct violation? Because it doesn't feel like one.

I think I'll be fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment