11 April 2010

WHY

After the great screen crack of 2010, I went out and got a netbook to tide myself over until exams. I had to install a bunch of new programs, including the software for my wireless printer. Netbooks don't have disk drives, so I had to download the printer software from the internet. I managed to find the correct download and everything, only to realize after installation that the program had somehow installed in Spanish.

No problem, I figured, I habla espanol just fine, I can navigar a printer.

Oh. Except I can't even figure out how to use computers IN ENGLISH. So tonight, as I am trying to scan a check in to my bank account, the computer decides to send photos of me (via the built in web cam) to the bank instead of scanning my checks. And now I have been locked out of my online banking because they suspect fraud.

Well someone is going to have a good laugh tomorrow when they get 40 photos of me staring at the screen looking perplexed and trying to recall which word means STOP in Spanish.

Gracias, computer.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Bad times... you aren't having much luck with computers at the moment, eh? :-(

BTW: what netbook did you opt for? :)

D said...

My computer broke part way through my last year of law school. So, I spent most of the year doodling in a notebook during class and typing any papers on Google docs on the library computers.

Computers in law school are overrated.

C said...

I got an Asus Eee PC. I guess they only make netbooks. The one I have is actually pretty amazing -- not slow at all, even when I have like 40 gchat windows open. And it runs Windows XP instead of Windows 7 starter edition, which is awesome, because with the limited version of Windows 7, you can only open three programs at a time.

On the advice of another commenter I ordered a replacement screen for my other computer and am going to attempt to replace it myself.

Do I have any computer skills? No, but that has never stopped me before.

Disaster, straight ahead.

Post a Comment