04 February 2011

Making It Official

Well I had to turn in my bar exam application and confirm with BarBri where I will study for the bar, so I finally broke down and asked the firm I got a casual offer from to discuss specifics. Everything turned out well! I am pretty pleased with the pay they offered, and they are very laid back with billable hours as long as I get my work done. It seems like the kind of place where I'll truly be able to have a healthy work-life balance. Also, I've been doing some law clerk work for them this semester, and so far I am loving it. Plus there will basically never be any document review, and I will have (and already have had!) direct client contact right of the bat. Plus, they guys who run the firm have been doing this for a long time and have a lot of knowledge and experience they can share with me. I am really excited!

It looks like we will be moving (back to the city where I attended college, a super popular city that people love!) in Mid-May so that I can begin working part time while I study for the bar exam (eek!). I'm frantically trying to figure out the BarBri hours so I can tell the firm when they can expect to see me in the office. I'm also weighing what to do about the PMF program and a few other things that are up in the air. Although I'm satisfied with the job offer I have, I don't think I will pull my name out of the running yet just in case something amazing falls from the sky. But being realistic, this set up would be a tough one to beat. I'm all smiles (for once!).

2 comments:

Absurd Writer said...

Yay! Congratulations, friend!

Anonymous said...

blah blah blah. welcome back!

Post a Comment