24 November 2010

Rambling Post

Ladies and gentlemen, I received a job offer!!

Guess where I found this job.

I worked at this firm in college.

That's right, I am going back in time.

Now they want me to propose a working schedule over the summer while I am studying for the bar (Can I even work while I'm studying for the bar?) and they want to negotiate a "fair salary." Let me tell you about how much business experience I have: ZERO. I don't know how to negotiate a salary. On one hand, I want to make good money--on the other, I don't want them to think I am a crazy snob if I ask for too much. I don't want to low ball my self, but I don't want to scare them away. I'm so lost!

Plus, I am a little worried because this firm has a practice limited to a very specific niche. They don't do much litigation, and most of their hearings are administrative in nature. It's a lot of client counseling and mediation. I don't want to limit my career path.

Oh, and this job happens to be in a different city. It's a lovely place, but we've grown accustomed to being where we are, and I am nervous to make a change.

Also I am a big whiny baby. I know I am lucky to have the option, and right in time for Thanksgiving I have yet another thing to be thankful for--there's just so much to think about!! Advice???

0 comments:

Post a Comment