16 February 2011

Patience is a Virtue

My poor husband is constantly having to deal with my impatience. I can't just wait to see how things will go--I generally have any possible contingency mentally mapped out to the tenth degree. While this might make me a good lawyer (emphasis on might), it makes me a pretty miserable companion. I know this about myself. But rarely do I see it as clearly as I did today:

I had about 10 episodes of Design on a Dime on my DVR. (Side note: has that show gone downhill or does it all look worse to me now that I'm not redesigning my college apartment?) Rather than watching each episode 30 minutes at a time, I started each one to see the "before" and then fast-forwarded to the very end to see the "after." None of their DIYs are helpful, and I have no desire to watch the process. I watched ten episodes in thirty minutes. Is that NORMAL? I think the answer is no.

Just be glad you're not the one stuck with me for life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment