31 March 2009

If Slow and Steady Wins the Race, I'm Screwed.

Everyone says law school is more like a marathon than a sprint. You put in the time, the training, and the discipline, and then maybe you don't die on the last 5 miles stretch. Here's the thing: I've never run a marathon. I've never even done a 5k. I once begged a friend to come with her car and drive me through the last few laps of a family fun run.

Fourth graders passed me.

And so it goes with law school. The danger of having survived last semester with little struggle is that this semester I've patted myself on the back too often. To put it lightly, I have slacked off like never before. My average hours of napping have skyrocketed while my hours of studying have hit an all time low. Motivation is at a bare minimum. Interest in PR's Wii is on a rise. And so on and so forth.

Until...today I woke up and realized that my exams--my ONLY grades for the entire semester--begin in roughly one month. Looks like it's too late to start that marathon training...So the sprint begins. Anyone know a good personal trainer?

(Please send referrals. I can be found in my office. Not to be confused with a storage closet.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment