17 March 2010

Class Notes

Today in Federal Courts we were talking about US v. Stanley, where a former serviceman sued the military for injuries he sustained as a soldier when the army tested LSD as party of a military experiment. The Supreme Court prevented the serviceman from recovering damages against the military. Our professor asked the one veteran in our class what he thought about the case.

His response: If the military had given me LSD, I might have stayed in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, from the girl who spent the last decade in a tanning bed: Well, we all know how I feel about…the law? and humans? In general?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's safe to say that after this semester, I will be our nation's most preeminent scholar on the United States Federal Court system.

0 comments:

Post a Comment