02 May 2009

Supreme Job Offer

I am going to have to back out of my three summer internships, but I think Justice Fancy-Socks & company will understand. A better opportunity has presented itself:

BBC: Souter to Leave Supreme Court!

It's a shame Souter is leaving. He's been a consistently level headed justice with a commitment to the reasonable interpretation of the Constitution. And more importantly, he really made George H.W. look like a jackass. Bonus points for that. Anyway, yes I realize I have big shoes to fill. But I think I'm qualified. I mean, I have trouble fitting my resume on one page. Also, I have a free subscription to Westlaw until I graduate from law school. So that will help with the deficit. Plus I don't really have any skeletons in my closet. Except a skeleton costume from Halloween. But I don't think that should get in the way of my confirmation.

So let me answer your question preemptively, Mr. President. Yes. I accept.

0 comments:

Post a Comment