10 April 2009

Thoughts...

It's Easter weekend and I was conned in to coming down to the lake house to spend time with my (alleged) family. Which is all fun and games except that MY EXAMS START IN TWO WEEKS AND ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS THAT FABIO HORSE. I've holed up in one of our cottages to try to study, but I just keep reading my past blog posts, drinking inordinate amounts of coffee, and giggling at my cleverness (someone's got to do it). The more I look at my blog, the more I think to myself: Why be a lawyer when you can write fascinating and hilarious blogs and make tens and tens of dollars off of advertising revenue? This revelation made me ponder a related question: Is it too late to drop out?

The answer is yes. Because in other news, I have now secured three summer internships. Overly ambitious? Maybe. Possible? Definitely--if I can find a way to order No-Doze in bulk and preemptively put myself on a waiting list for a new kidney or three. I blame School of Law. They made us all panic and believe we wouldn't be able to get anything, so I interviewed for pretty much anything I could find. Then I accepted all and any offers. So this summer, for all you inquiring minds, I'll be a research assistant for the Intellectual Property and International Trade Forum, a legal intern for the EEOC, and a judicial intern for a very lucky Justice on the Texas Court of Appeals.

I'll also be dead by June.

0 comments:

Post a Comment