03 December 2008

There's No Wrong Way to Recycle?

After printing out rougly 15,000 pages of notes for my studying, I decided I should do something nice to get back in to Mother Earth's good graces. So I started thinking about composting. It's good for the soil, helps reduce waste in landfills, and will increase my feelings moral superiority. Perfect.

Unfortunately I live in an apartment, and I know there's no way Pete would let me have a box of composting worms living on the porch. So I cleverly decided to put up an ad on Craigslist: Want my rotting leftovers? My loss is your gain! In no time I had made arrangements with my new friend, Craigslist Composter, and I'm now saving up food scraps for him each week. (side note--While I was talking to CC on the phone, he asked if we were vegans. I didn't know how to respong properly, and before I could stop myself I blurted out, "No, not vegans, just feeling guilty!" Wtf! I hate myself.)

Yesterday was our first day, so after dinner Pete and I put all the chopped up veggie pieces and uneaten stuff in our little compost box. I had just finished washing up dishes and putting things away when I heard the rustle of plastic. I turned around to see Pete SNACKING on our fresh compost! HOW am I going to save up for Cragslist Composter if Pete EATS it all!?!? Pete claimed he was just doing his part to recycle. I hid the compost box.

Sigh. Wish me luck.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha... oh my God. Pete. So funny.

Post a Comment