26 October 2010

Seriously?

I interviewed with a big time company recently. It was for a sweet in-house job that I knew I would never get. So I wasn't surprised yesterday when I got my rejection letter in the mail. I was surprised, however, to see my name spelled incorrectly all over the place.

Listen, big time company, I know you guys are busy and you interview a million people. But I spend a lot of time preparing my cover letter and resume and writing sample. And then I spend even more time prepping for my interview, deciding what to wear, and actually going to talk to you about a job I know you will not give me. Please just do me the favor of checking over one of the eight documents I sent you to check the spelling of my (not difficult to spell!) name.

Getting the cold shoulder is bad enough, getting the cold shoulder and questioning whether you still know how to spell your own name is even worse.

1 comments:

Michael said...

You should be honoured that you even got a letter - a lot of businesses don't even bother any more! :-\

Post a Comment