28 February 2010

Annoying

I grew up thinking it was impolite to talk about money.

Apparently I was wrong, because every time I tell ANYONE I am in law school, they immediately feel the need to comment on how much money I will be making. What is wrong with these people?! I don't comment on how much money you will be making as a restaurant owner/accountant/teacher/hooker. You would find me rude (unless you're a really laid back hooker). But for some reason, because I'm going in to law, its acceptable to the general public to talk about my future salary.

WHICH. By the way. Is not going to be as large as you imagine, general public. The legal market is crap right now, and I'll be lucky to find anything, not to mention something that pays well. I nearly have a nervous breakdown every time this conversation takes place. Brandon Walsh has to drag me off before my forced smile gives way to weeping and gnashing of teeth. It's a problem.

So frustrating. Am I alone in this? Does this happen to other people? Or am I walking around with a big sign on my back that says 'Please comment on my earning potential'????

0 comments:

Post a Comment