30 September 2009

Fall 2009 = Misery

Don't spread this around, but I did not hate my 1L year. I was too busy preparing for class, trying to understand what an outline was, and snuggling with my Bluebook at night. But let me tell you, I really, REALLY am not a fan of 2L year. And I've finally figured out why:

As a 1L, you're not expected to know anything. You're totally clueless, and that's okay. Everyone thinks that's cute.

But as a 2L, your professors expect you to have your shit together. You're supposed to understand what's going on in class. You're supposed to remember the elements of negligence. You're even supposed to remember to wear pants on campus.

For me, despite all the other let downs (OCI, GPA, Sarah Palin still has vocal cords), I think the real reason 2L is so terrible is because I am actually still just a 1L masquerading as someone who knows something.

Secret's out.

2 comments:

Caffeine Degenerate said...

People will expect me to wear pants next year? I may as well quit now.

RC said...

Oh my god, I couldn't have put it better. . .

Post a Comment