19 August 2009

Failure, Part 357

Well, I've joined the faceless, nameless ranks of law students begging for summer jobs from Big Law. I've also joined AA. (joke, mom) But really. It's terrible.

I had an interview today with a firm I really liked. The interviewer (sneaky bastard...) asked what he should know about me that isn't on my resume that would make him remember me and want to hire me.

Long bout of silence.

I have been trained to put every bit of qualifying information on that resume. There is nothing NOTHING about me that is not on there. It even has my blood type. And a short monologue about the time I tried to smoke a cinnamon stick as a child. (Curiosity killed not only the infamous cat but also my left lung. It was like cinnamon FIRE.) I just kept drawing blanks. Eventually I mumbled something about being hard working and self motivated and a fan of the city's basketball team (lie). I decided to polish off my flawless answer with the following:

And you will like me.

Needless to say, I won't be making partner at Big Law and time soon. Instead, I'm picking up applications at Church's Chicken and Big Lots. And crying in the arms of strangers.



0 comments:

Post a Comment