04 November 2010

Career "Services"

I changed nothing in these emails except the names. I think this speaks for itself:

(Two days ago)

Hi Career Services Counselor,

I was selected for an interview with Justice Blank and I really want this job! Is there anything you can suggest to me about interviewing with him? Or do we have contact information for his previous briefing attorneys so I could see what the job is like? Any information you have would be helpful. Thank you!

Legal Ease


---


(Later that day)

Legal Ease,

Congrats on the interview. I’m not aware of anything specific with respect to Justice Blank but let me check around the office to see what I can learn.

Counselor


---


(Today at 3:00pm)

Legal Ease,

Do you know any students/grads who have worked with Justice Blank in the past? If so, they will be great sources of information and can probably give you some hints for interviewing with him.

Counselor


---


(Today at 4:00pm)

Legal Ease,

I’m a big believer in enthusiasm. Let Justice Blank know that you really want the job. You need to ask for the job! For example, at the end of your interview, express your enthusiasm about the position and what you have discussed with him, mention the value you think you can bring, and say: “ I would like to contribute the Blank Blank Court of Blank. I am hoping you select me.

Counselor


---


(Today at 6:00pm...took me two hours to recover from my speechlessness)

Counselor

Ok, I'll do my best! I don't know anyone who has clerked for him, I just wondered if the office might have some sort of records. I will continue to ask around. Thanks!

Legal Ease


---


Legal Ease,

Keep checking. I’m asking around and will let you know what I find out.

Counselor

1 comments:

Reconstructing said...

My dream job: law school career counselor. Except, I would probably get fat b/c it seems that all you need to do is eat treats out of that little candy dish in the reception area.

Post a Comment